It’s never been a more exciting time for a career in communications. We have more ways to reach an audience than ever before, and with this vast landscape comes the need for strong communicators—creative professionals who can get their organization’s message heard loud and clear.
As a communicator, you will use your skills and creativity to influence others, shape public opinion, and interact with the public. You’ll work in various mediums and collaborate with others to craft messages, establish and maintain brand identity, engage with your audience, and reach business goals.
With an associate degree in Corporate Communication from the Elizabethtown College School of Continuing and Professional Studies, you will send the message that you are well-positioned and ready to make your statement in today’s rapidly changing, globally focused communications world.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to
- Describe communication theory in different settings and cultures.
- Demonstrate principles of effective communication in interpersonal, organizational, and public contexts.
- Apply principles of effective communication to verbal and written communication.
- Appraise the impact of globalization on communication.
- Analyze human communication, issues affecting it, and decision-making processes associated with it.
- Evaluate written and oral communication messages.